October 23, 2007

join us on the march this saturday - October 27


This coming Saturday I will be joining with some of my family as we marching with 1000s of people from the San Francisco Civic Center to Dolores Park. You can get more information about this national event here.

I know this will not stop the war in Iraq but I do feel our leaders need to know that many American's want them to find a new way to bring about peace in our world. As a Christian I believe I need to stand up for what I believe. I what our leaders to know that I will vote for them if they take the risk of standing up for peace.

I also know I will not agree with everything that is being said by people who speak out at the march but I do join them in seeking a new way of peace.

If you would like to join us in the march give me a call. We will be meeting at the North Berkeley BART at 9:30am on Saturday. 510-435-4264

preparing to march in my small little place in the world

2 comments:

Douglas Underhill said...

hey, got your msg, will pick up yun yun as well. and thanx for the book, i need to get to work on that now that a few things are behind me (as always, much more ahead)

see you tomorrow (or, er, today)

RevJavaDude said...

Love your blog, Karl! Wish I could be in the bay area for the march tomorrow. We've got some pretty strong peacemaking stuff here in NE Ohio -- it has been a treat to be in a culture that values social justice. Of course there is the spectrum, both inside and outside the church. I'll be thinking about you tomorrow, and will be reading more of your blog!

Check out mine sometime:
www.revjavadude.com
www.wineministry.com
(there are a couple others, but those are the ones you might be interested in...)

Hugs to your neck, friend, as you witness for peace!!!