August 18, 2007

So... you want to raise bright, happy, healthy kids...

It is not easy when everyday they are being bombarded with all the material things they just have to have to be complete people (and will not have until you cave-into their constant pleas). What can you do?

Well I have an antidote to all this madness. Try singing to your kid. (or invite me to come and share music in your child's classroom). Sing songs of love. Sing songs about justice. Sing songs about nature and friends and silly songs that make you laugh and dance. Sing songs that make you feel good about yourself and the world. Sing songs that reflect your values.

Here is the Good News. I am creating a new blog called "little bird music for kids". On the blog I am sharing what I have learned about singing with Kids for the past 20 years. It will contain words of songs that I use in the classroom and the way I have been using these songs to complement a positive learning environment.

Be one of the first to check out this work in progress. Much more to follow.

No comments: