August 7, 2007

Now I don't stand a chance

Hot off the newswire...
WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Drinking more than three cups of coffee a day helped protect older women against some age-related memory decline, French researchers said on Monday, giving women more reason to love the world's most popular stimulant.

Men did not enjoy the same benefit, they said.

"The more coffee one drank, the better the effects seemed to be on (women's) memory functioning in particular," said Karen Ritchie at the French National Institute of Medical Research, whose work appears in the journal Neurology.

_______________________

All the women in my life are already smarter then me and now with this coffee research news I know I will just keep falling farther behind. Now I understand that my wife's (Myrna) regular consumption of Ben & Jerry's Coffee Heath bar Crunch* in the evening is not just an enjoyable habit but a diabolical plan to outsmart me again :)

*as well as another argument for this Ice Cream being a health food - chocolate=antioxidants, milk=calcium, coffee=better memory - what a deal!

Reporting the sad news from my small place in the world


2 comments:

Dr Chris Hill said...

Sounds good, but if we leave it until next year, I think less bicycles will be stolen.
But if you are determined I’ll try and take the train before we leave.

Douglas Underhill said...

Looks like you'll have to continue to depend on your good looks :)