July 6, 2007

Oh, the people we meet

One of the great joys of being in a church are the people you get to meet, well more then met... Let me explain. This is a picture of Adriana and Kedrick. Kedrick is my son whom we first met when he was two and attending the church sponsored Childcare Center my wife directed in Pasadena. About 5 year ago Adriana came from West Timor, Indonesia to Berkeley to attend Pacific School of Religion. While she was here she was an intern at Calvary and lived in the Berkeley Mission Homes, which our church supports. During her time in Berkeley she and her husband Alen had their first child. My wife and I spent lots of time with Alen and Adriana during the pregnancy and I believe I had the honor of being the first non-parent, hospital person to hold Axel when he was born. What a joy! This picture was taken a few weeks ago when Adriana visited the church after five years away. I love this picture because it radiates the love that Kedrick and Adriana have for each other. Adriana keeps a picture of Kedrick out in her house. When people ask who that person is Axel always tells them "that my big brother in the US." I love it. I just know Kedrick will get to visit his little brother in West Timor someday. One great reason for being in the church. Your family just keeps getting bigger and bigger and full of love from everywhere!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Great site! Thanks for reminding us again how great it is to be in the center of the food universe. :) We knew Calvary Pres was home when we saw there was food and brownies for everyone...sure beats the "punch-only" we got at church growing up.
Cam and Annie