July 16, 2007

Tip of the Day #3 - Google 411


Have you tryed Google 411 business search service? It is Free and really pretty darn good.

On your mobile phone (or any phone for that matter) you just dial 1-800-GOOG-411 (1-800-466-4411). You will be instructed to say the desired city and state (or you can find it by ZIP code). You will then be asked what business name or type of business you are looking for. For a type of business you will be given a list of business in the city you have specified. When you have selected the business you want to contact Google 411 will call it for you, and here is the coolest feature, it will send you a text message with the Phone and Address of the business to your phone for future reference. I have been using Google 411 instead of my Spirit 411 when I am looking for a business. You don't get a live operator but the computer person has been very effective for me and even does the text message thing and did I say... It is FREE.

Can't hurt to try and you always have you phone company's 411 ($1.50) service to fall back on. Give it a try.

Reporting from my small place in the world (and I told you, it just keeps getting bigger)

No comments: