November 6, 2007

sunday reflections: "out of memory"

darn modern technology. I have been trying to record my sermons lately for a number of reasons.

One, I am taking a Dr. of Ministry Class in January and I have to present a couple of recent sermons for class examination - Ugh :( have not done that in awhile.

Two, It is good for me to listen to past sermons. I am not saying it is always fun but it is good to hear what comes out of my mouth after all that planning and work. I have a tendency to throw in more than I sometimes intended in my notes. Recording sermons (and knowing I will have to listen to them later) has had a positive effect on the quality of the sermons (in my partner's estimation as well as my own).

Three, I hope these recorded sermons are helpful for those who miss a Sunday or want to "review" and see if I really said what they thought I said.

Anyway... with all good intentions I was not able to record the sermon this past Sunday. When I went to push the record button on my little digital recorder I got the message "out of memory." This was not good news for a pastor just standing up to preach his "without notes" sermon. It was such a relief when I realize that the memory issue was the recorder's and not mime that not being able to record the sermon seemed a very small problem.

Anyway... I have taken care of the memory problem and have great hopes of recording next week's sermon.

not recording from my small place in the world

No comments: