September 10, 2007

PAVAROTTI - U2 - JAMES BROWN - AND WORSHIP

Myrna and I watched some specials celebrating the life of Luciano Pavarotti last night. What an incredibly talented man who made such good use of the gifts he was given.

One of the things that impressed me most was the talent he had for bringing other singers together to raise money for pressing international relief work. I have been listening to some of his collaborations with people as diverse as James Brown and Bono (singing Bono's song Miss Sarajevo), amazing!

Watching the videos done with Bono are really acts of worship for me. I was touched by the words of Ave Maria and the passion that both men brought to the song. They inspire me to move more deeply into the redemptive work that God has call us to in the world.

The third Bono and Pavarotti song is Miserere. This song was written by Italian rock star Zucchero Fornaciari with English verses written by Bono. (you can find the words here) This is just an amazing song with breath taking lyrics. Watch and pray!


Bono has written a tribute to his friend that says a lot about how he used his talents. May he rest in peace as he continues to inspire us with his songs...

Reporting from my small vantage point in the world...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is great info to know.